2017 ACCEA round
The Faculty of Public Health (FPH) has not received any information from the Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards for England and Wales (ACCEA) as to whether or not there will be a 2017 round. FPH has decided, as in 2016, to go ahead with its nominations process.
You should read the guidance issued by ACCEA prior to making an application. The 2016 guidance and forms are the most current available at this time.
The FPH process for supporting applications precedes the ACCEA online application process. FPH can support only a limited number of applications in each category (as specified by ACCEA).
All applications must be accompanied by a Citation Form B.
The process of the platinum awards usually follows an earlier timescale than new and renewals awards. An FPH committee reviews and scores (based on ACCEA scoring criteria) applications for platinum awards. FPH submits a shortlist of nominations for platinum awards directly to the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC) which then submits to ACCEA a consolidated shortlist across all specialties using the citations provided by the individual colleges and faculties.
Gold, silver and bronze and awards
An FPH committee reviews and scores (based on ACCEA scoring criteria) these applications. FPH makes direct nomination rankings to ACCEA for national levels, gold, silver, bronze and renewal awards (see below for closing date for receipt of applications).
An FPH committee reviews these, and the renewal applications with FPH support are submitted to ACCEA (see below for closing date for receipt of applications).
Submitting your application for FPH support
The current ACCEA application forms can be found here
1. Complete ACCEA Form A.
2. Provide Citation Form B. Your application must be accompanied by a Nominating Body citation.
Citation Form B - Your FPH application must be accompanied by a citation written especially for FPH. It is your obligation to provide a suitable citation as part of your application for consideration by FPH. Please note: any application received without an accompanying citation form will not be accepted (and vice versa) in any circumstances. Please do not submit multiple citations; this is not necessary or desirable.
3. Complete the optional supplementary forms, (see guidance for more details).
- Bronze and silver awards may choose to submit one supplementary form.
- Gold awards may choose to submit up to two supplementary forms.
- Platinum awards may choose to submit up to three supplementary forms.
4. Email your application to
Closing dates - update
- Your platinum awards application must reach FPH by midnight on Thursday 16 February 2017 at the latest.
- Gold, silver, bronze or renewals awards applications to reach FPH by midnight on Sunday 5 March 2017 at the latest. Please note, this is earlier than the closing date previously published.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
A list of all consultants in receipt of a Clinical Excellence or Distinction Award, with details of the award they hold: