FPH Annual Conference 2014
Glo-cal Health – Making a World of Difference
The conference reflected on the connections and relationships between global and local public health challenges and interventions, with a special emphasis on creativity and the arts.
This video captures some highlights of the conference, and was produced by Gary Black, a Co-Founder of the American Public Health Association Festival
Glo-cal Health – Making a World of Difference opened on the afternoon of 2 July 2014 with a series of meetings and workshops designed to satisfy members’ wishes to have extended opportunities for networking and knowledge exchange.
- Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Health
- Dr Hilary Cass, President of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Dr Pam Luna, Governing Councilor and Film Festival Co-Chair, American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Mr Gary Black, Co-Founder and Chair of the APHA Film Festival
- Luciana Berger MP, Shadow Minister for Public Health
The Annual Dinner and Awards Ceremony took place on the evening of 2 July – kicking off with a pre-dinner reception. This year, distinction awards and prizes were presented during the dinner so that all guests could join in celebrating the achievements of our honoured awardees.
Topics for parallel sessions included:
- Social justice
- Global warming/climate change
- Political aspects – economics/instability
- Building capacity/countries
- Healthy cities/places
- Strategic alliances – public health in partnership with emergency services/police/national parks/voluntary organisations/NGOs etc.
Thank you to everyone who took part in this year’s conference.