The Faculty of Public Health:
- Provides professional advice to employers and others on statutory and good practice procedures for senior public health appointments
- Advises the NHS on workforce planning for the specialty of public health
- Makes nominations for clinical excellence and distinction awards for medically qualified NHS consultants in the separate schemes run in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Defence Medical Services
- Recognises excellence in public health by the award of distinction grades of Faculty membership
- Awards a range of prizes to Faculty members.