Public health skills and career framework
A coherent, flexible public health skills and career framework has been developed for use across the UK.
For the first time the following have been brought together in a user friendly format:
- public health competences
- underpinning knowledge
- training and qualification routes
- database of job descriptions across nine career levels (in progress)
The aim is to create a framework that can be used as a route map for careers in public health regardless of starting and intended end points.
The framework is for:
- Those already working in any field of public health now
- Those wishing to enter the field of public health
- Those involved in commissioning, organisation and delivery of public health training
- Those involved in workforce planning
- Employers of the public health workforce