The Government has announced its plans for a radical transformation of the public health service in England in the White Paper Healthy Lives, Healthy People: Our Strategy for Public Health in England.
The white paper sees the creation of a new, integrated, national public health service, Public Health England, and a return to local authorities for local public health teams, bringing with them a new imperative to put health at the heart of public services.
The UK Faculty of Public Health (FPH) has responded to Healthy Lives, Healthy People with the following documents:
- Response to Our Strategy for Public Health in England
- Response to Transparency in Outcomes
- Response to Developing the Healthcare Workforce
- Response to Review of Regulation of Public Health Professionals
- Response to Funding and Commissioning Routes
We want to hear your views on what the white paper means for you as a public health professional and public health as a whole. Please send any comments to
Read the letter to Prime Minister David Cameron from FPH, the Royal Society for Public Health and the Association of Directors of Public Health.
Read more on the white paper.
Read FPH’s responses to the previous consultation document Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS.