Aim of the programme
The Public Health Practitioners programme aims to:
• create an environment in which practitioners can learn, or update learning, in the areas of competence described in the UKPHR practitioner standards; the theoretical and technical disciplines that underpin public health practice
• provide linked learning opportunities to professional frameworks such as the UKPHR standards and Public Health England Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework (PHSKF)2
• provide training that practitioners can be confident is at the right level to demonstrate their competence (Level 6 of the national qualifications framework/degree level)
• provide an optional accreditation through Skills for Justice assessment 3
• enable practitioners to apply knowledge acquired during the learning process, and to reflect on the application of the knowledge, to their practice
• provide training that will generate suitable evidence for inclusion in the practitioner portfolio for assessment.