India and Related Countries Special Interest Group
The FPH India and Related Countries Special Interest Group has been established to support development and delivery of our global health strategy work. Through this we will:
- Provide a focal point for FPH members who share a common interest in contributing to development of public health in India and related countries.
- Act as an expert resource to FPH and its members on knowledge, practice and the development of policies and strategies related to public health in India and related countries.
- Work to draw together and develop specialist skills, knowledge and professional competences related to its area to support best practice in delivery of memoranda of understanding agreed by FPH in India and other countries.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and information that will drive the action agenda of the Global Health Committee Strategy.
A summary of the SIG's achievements to date can be found here. The final reports of a number of projects successfully completed by the SIG in India are available below:
- Training needs assessment of public health functions and capabilities for the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Odisha, April 2016
- Train the trainer workshop, Odisha, July 2016
- Training needs assessment of public health functions and capabilities for the state of Madhya Pradesh, August 2016
- Public health leadership training, Odisha, March 2017
- Public health capacity building and leadership training, Odisha, October 2015 to April 2017
- Public health taskforce on MPH - model course curriculum, June 2018