The UK Faculty of Public Health invites you to join us for an emergency webinar on the prospects for a crash out Brexit and implications for public health and emergency preparedness. What will be the implications if a trade deal is reached before October 31st? And what happens if it is not? Either way there will be impacts on the health of the United Kingdom- in the short and long term. Join us to find out what some of the implications might be.
|14:00||Welcome and introduction||Maggie Rae|
President of the Faculty of Public Health
President of the Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region, Immediate Past President FPH
|14:05||Brexit: the latest legal implications|
• Clarify the latest legal implications for regulatory divergence / No Deal.
• Understand the emerging rules for the internal market.
Jean Monet Professor of European Law, University of Sheffield
|14:20||Brexit: an update on public health implications|
• Identify the implications for local resilience partnerships.
• Clarify the public health safety and security concerns.
|May van Schalkwyk|
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
|14:35||Brexit: the current food implications|
• Understand the implications for food security and accessibility.
• Identify mitigations to improve food security and accessibility.
|14:50||Brexit: emergency responses: a view form Environmental Health|
• Consider specific concerns of environmental health officers including food and water quality and safety, congestion and air pollution and civil protection issues
Gary Mc Farlane
|13:05||Panel Discussion and questions from the audience |
• Consider concerns from retailers and transport companies
• Consider the potential for civil unrest and the need for emergency preparedness
Understand the differing issues as they relate to NI, Wales, Scotland and England.
|15:45||What are the next steps?|
• Confirm the learning from the webinar
• Identify actions for public health and emergency planning colleagues
Aims of the webinar
- Clarify the latest knowledge and evidence on Brexit as it affects the public’s health and wellbeing and the implications for a crash-out Brexit, or an exit with a Trade deal.
- Identify mitigating actions for the UK public health system and emergency planning community
This webinar will be recorded. Recording will begin at the start of the webinar and end before the question and answer section. No delegate information will be visible in the final recording.