The Faculty of Public Health (FPH) is committed to safeguarding and protecting the privacy of its members, clients and visitors to its website and other web-based systems administered by FPH.
FPH aims to protect your privacy and personal data at all times in accordance General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the current Data Protection Act.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you apply to be a member or register to attend an event, course or examination, or to use any other service we supply. The information you give us may include both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (such as some of the information submitted by you as part of an application process).
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information;
- information about your visit, including information about the way you use the website. We do not use information gained in this manner in a way that any individual can be identified, and will use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends. We may share this kind of data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (ePortfolio, members only website, CPD diary) or the other services we provide.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to send you details of reports, networking and member events and general information about FPH and improve our communications
- to being contacted for such purposes;
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to vote in FPH elections
- to ask for your views via our membership surveys
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you.
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to share information with appropriate third parties in order to improve public health practice, public health training and our services
- to request your involvement in our campaigns/FPH fundraising
- to further advance the mission of FPH and its campaigns.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of FPH or others
- to allow you to receive any membership services or member benefit which is provided by a third party (for example, access to the ePortfolio); and/or
- to provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise (including, for example, for equivalence purposes)
- disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- we will not sell your details to any third parties
In addition FPH will also
- retain information for monitoring training, research and statistical analysis, in data comparisons to verify qualification and to prevent fraudulent activity.
No internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to try to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit between our systems and the companies who provide us with various services.
We will store data given directly to us within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). However our site does contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks for example our Jobs Board and FPH Extras. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer's hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the ‘settings’ section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
All personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the current Data Protection Act.
FPH will take all reasonable technical precautions to ensure that your data is safely collected and stored.
FPH will not pass your personal data to any outside organisations or individuals without your consent or prior knowledge. The only exception to this is that address details may be passed to a third-party organisation directly contracted by FPH to fulfil a specific FPH administrative task on it's behalf.
According to the Act, you have the right to see the information that FPH has about you. Please contact the FPH data protection officer for details of how to do this. The FPH data protection policy is currently being reviewed to ensure it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the current Data Protection Act. On completion of this review the updated policy will published here.