- How do I join FPH? Go to our Join us page and request an application pack to become a member.
- What type of membership is right for me? Click here for our current membership categories and please call the Membership department on 020 3696 1470 to discuss the right option for you
- How do I update my details? Login into our Member's area and update your information. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your update.
Nominating new members: Please click here for more information
For any SpR membership queries: please click here for FAQs
Please see below FAQS about payment. Alternatively, please call our finance team: email@example.com or call 020 3696 1465.
Annual subscriptions can be paid by Visa/MasterCard/JCB; we do not charge bank charges on these transactions and request that you do not pay by American Express. Members can make payment via the members area of our website, so please log in to make payment. Alternatively call Valerie MacDonald on 020 3696 1465.
Subscriptions can be paid by annual, quarterly or monthly direct debit. (Please note: monthly direct debits are collected in 10 instalments between January and October).
Click here for the direct debit form. Please complete the form and return to the FPH office by post.
Annual subscriptions can be paid by cheque in pounds sterling drawn on a UK bank and made payable to 'Faculty of Public Health'. Please note that Eurocheques cannot be accepted.
A reduction in the annual subscriptions is available to members who have a low professional income as assessed for taxation purposes (this is before the payment of any income tax, National Insurance or pension contributions.) Members requiring such a reduction must apply annually to the Treasurer by 31 January each year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing proof of earnings.
The reduction is offered:
(a) to a member who is usually working but on a low income. The subscription will be 80% of the subscription normally payable or the Faculty minimum subscription whichever is the higher.
(b) to a member who is usually not working fulltime but is not able to claim a retired rate of subscription. There will be a reduction of 33% of the subscription normally payable or the Faculty minimum whichever is the higher
Full details are given with the annual subscription letter but further details can be available from email@example.com on 020 3696 1465.
Reduced subscriptions at the discretion of the Treasurer
Reduced subscriptions may be approved at the Treasurers discretion in exceptional circumstances. Please contact the Membership Department to discuss any such instances.
Subscriptions for membership of the Faculty of Public Health (FPH) are due and payable on 1 January each year. The FPH Board agrees any changes to membership rates in November each year and the Treasurer notifies all members in December of their subscription for the following January.
Members can then arrange payment in January or opt to make payments by direct debit.
FPH members should be aware that FPH subscriptions are tax deductible in accordance with section 344 of the Income Tax Act 2003. (FPH is on List 3 and is listed as 'Public Health of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom, Faculty of'). A list of the 2018 membership subscription rates are available in the documents area of this page. There are reduced rate subscription options available in certain instances.
Please click here for the subscriptions rates.
Retired members can opt to pay one of five rates of annual subscription to the Faculty. Each rate varies in benefits. Please contact the Finance and Membership Department for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to benefit from the retired members' rates in any given year you must:
- have been retired from all public health practice
- not receive income from any other work for more than 50 days in the calendar year
- A request to change to a retired rate of subscription should be made by 31 January each year.
Retired members are also eligible to register for Gift Aid with FPH and we can apply this to your subscription.
We are offering universities and organisations related to Public Health a discounted member rate. This would be for the Student Associate (applies to universities running a Public Health course) or an organisation linked to Public Health.
- A free subscription to our online quarterly magazine, Public Health Today
- A monthly e-bulletin with updates on FPH, wider public health news, and opportunities to get involved
- Dedicated online members area with your resources and public health profile, FPH Extra
- Access to Special Interest Groups, which are member led networks focusing on particular themes such as sustainable development, transport or global public health
Costs to the Institution per person paid for in bulk to Faculty (Normally £32 per person)
- 6-15 people – 10% discount (£28.80)
- 16-30 people – 15% discount (£27.20)
- 31-50 people – 20% discount (£25.60)
- 51-70 people – 25% discount (£24)
- 71-90 people – 30% discount (£22.40)
- 91-100+ people – 35% discount (£20.80)
e.g A class of 30 international MPH students wish to join, this would cost the University 30x £27.50 = £825