Are you a Public Health Practitioner?
By joining us as a FPH Practitioner member you will be able to connect to the professional home of public health and will be kept informed of our work as we support your professional development and campaign on public health issues. You will also gain opportunities to participate in this work through our specialist networks and events.
- Certificate & welcome pack: important information about your membership with FPH and a certificate of membership.
- The opportunity to join a Special Interest Group (SIG) and contribute to the FPH aim - to ensure that the world’s population achieves, and maintains, its fullest potential for health and well-being.
- Free online subscription to the internationally recognised, quarterly FPH Journal of Public Health.
- Access to the CPD diary.
- Post-nominal, you can use the post nominals PFPH whilst you are a member of the Faculty.
- The opportunity to join the EUPHA membership.
- The opportunity to join the CIEH Affiliate membership.
- A monthly e-bulletin with updates on FPH, wider public health news, and opportunities to get involved.
- Invitations to FPH regional and national events.
- Networking opportunities where you can engage directly with FPH and other members who are working at the most senior public health posts in the UK and around the world.
- Faculty of Public Health room hire, for information please click here.
FPH Practitioner and FPH Enrolled Practitioner standard membership fees are £159 per year.
If you are earning under a certain threshold then your fees can be reduced. To check which fee applies to your situation, please use our fee calculator below.
FPH Practitioner membership helps you plan, shape and direct your career by giving you the tools and opportunities to ensure that your skills and the standards of practitioners across the UK are the best that they can be.
Public Health Practitioners may join FPH if they can demonstrate that they meet the following criteria and have this assured by an existing FPH Member or Fellow.
- A relevant professional registration (details contained in our FPH Practitioner Membership Guidance).
- A Graduate qualification in a relevant field or equivalent.
- Current experience working at the level of a practitioner for at least 3 years.
Practitioners who are part of a UKPHR registration scheme can also join as Enrolled Practitioners to help support their portfolio development.
Enrolled Practitioner membership
Enrolled Practitioner membership grants you all of the benefits of Practitioner membership but also allows you to take part in more benefits which will help you get the skills and competencies for registration.
If you sign up as an Enrolled Practitioner and then complete your registration simply let us know and we will upgrade you to Practitioner Membership without any additional costs.
Before completing your application, please review the following documents:
If you would like to become an FPH Practitioner or FPH Enrolled Practitioner, please complete the questions under 'calculate your fees' and then click on the 'join' button. We will assess your application and will get in contact with you if we require any further information.
In December each year you will be sent your renewal letter, along with your invoice which is due for payment on receipt.
If you have any questions, please call Membership on 020 3696 1460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org