The Health Protection (Education and Training) SIG has been established to support and promote access to high quality training in health protection for members of the Faculty. We have the following aims:
- Serve as a forum for FPH members to discuss issues and share best practice in training and education in health protection so as to improve standards and training opportunities.
- Enable members to collaborate on projects, such as audit and research.
- Support the FPH Specialty Registrars Committee in responding to local/regional/national issues or consultations relating to the health protection aspects of specialty public health training.
- Provide a representative to the FPH Health Protection Committee to provide a regular update on the work of the SIG and support the work of the committee via providing opportunities to volunteer for task and finish groups relevant to health protection.
- Explore ways in which health protection education and training can be expanded in other forums (wider public health and healthcare workforce).
The Health Protection, Education and Training Special Interest Group is open to all grades of Faculty membership and reports to the Faculty's Health Protection Committee.
If you are interested in joining the SIG, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This handbook has been developed by the Health Protection (Education and Training) Special Interest Group (SIG) to help support registrars in identifying the current opportunities for enhanced training in health protection across the different training regions. It is a live document and will be reviewed on an annual basis. If any changes to training opportunities are reported to the SIG in the intervening period, the document will be updated sooner to reflect these.