Available to members and non-members who have been accepted onto a specialist register in public health, usually the GMC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) which will lead to automatic election to Fellowship of FPH.
Individuals who are not eligible for FPH membership via the mechanisms described above can follow alternative routes. These include the below distinction grades.
- Practitioner through Distinction
- Membership through Distinction
- Honorary Membership
- Fellowship through Distinction
- Honorary Fellowship
If you are looking for information about FPH's Distinction grades and all the Awards/Prizes we celebrate each year then please click here.
Finally we offer Fellowship by exemption
To be considered for Fellowship by Exemption you will have to complete the application form confirming that you meet one of the following criteria by being
- on the GMC Specialist Register in the specialty of public health medicine/ General Dental Council Specialist List in dental public health/UK Public Health Register (as a Generalist Specialist)
- on the GMC Specialist Register following assessment by the Faculty through the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) route (or previously Article 14)
- an EEA national (including Switzerland) with specialist medical qualifications in public health medicine awarded outside the UK and on the GMC Specialist Register in public health medicine or in a related specialty as a result of mutual recognition of my qualifications;
- on the GMC Specialist Register and that I am a Member or Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists and hold (or have held) the post of Consultant in Communicable Disease Control or equivalent.
- on the Medical Council of Hong Kong Specialist Register for Public Health Medicine
Defined Specialists who registered with the UKPHR (or submit a portfolio that is subsequently accepted) prior to 1 July 2013 are also eligible for Fellowship by exemption.