Have you been accepted onto a specialist register in Public Health?
This could be the GMC or GDC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR).
By joining us as a FPH Fellowship member you will be able to connect to the professional home of public health and will be kept informed of our work as we support your professional development and campaign on public health issues. You will also gain opportunities to participate in this work through our specialist networks and events.
- Certificate & welcome pack: important information about your membership with FPH and a certificate of membership.
- The opportunity to join a Special Interest Group (SIG) and contribute to the FPH aim - to ensure that the world’s population achieves, and maintains, its fullest potential for health and well-being.
- Access to the CPD Diary
- Free online subscription to the internationally recognised, quarterly FPH Journal of Public Health.
- Post-nominal, you can use post nominals FFPH whilst you are a member of the Faculty.
- Voting rights, in elections of the Board, Vice President and President.
- The opportunity to join the EUPHA membership.
- The opportunity to join the CIEH Affiliate membership.
- Buddy Scheme, informal network which aims to pair up consultants looking for a friendly source of advice with experienced public health professionals who are keen to support their colleagues
- Nominate colleagues for membership through distinction
- Stand for office
- Eligible for Faculty Advisor status
- A monthly e-bulletin with updates on FPH, wider public health news, and opportunities to get involved.
- Opportunities to shape the future of FPH and its scope of work through policy development and committee involvement in education, policy and standards.
- Faculty of Public Health room hire, for information please click here.
Standard FPH Fellowship membership fees are £670 per year.
If you are earning under a certain threshold or living outside the UK and EU then your fees can be reduced. To check which fee applies to your situation please use our fee calculator below.
You must be on the GMC, GDC or the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) Specialist Register.
Fellowship by exemption if one of the below apply:
- Defined Specialists who are registered with the UKPHR.
- on the UKPHR Specialist Register following portfolio assessment
- on the GMC Specialist Register in the specialty of public health medicine/ General Dental Council Specialist List in dental public health/UK Public Health Register (as a Generalist Specialist).
- on the GMC Specialist Register following assessment by the Faculty through the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) route (or previously Article 14).
- an EEA national (including Switzerland) with specialist medical qualifications in public health medicine awarded outside the UK and on the GMC Specialist Register in public health medicine or in a related specialty as a result of mutual recognition of my qualifications;
- on the GMC Specialist Register and a Member or Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists and hold (or have held) the post of Consultant in Communicable Disease Control or equivalent.
- on the Medical Council of Hong Kong Specialist Register for Public Health Medicine.
FPH Fellowship through Distinction
Another route into FPH Fellowship membership is through nomination. For more information, please click here.
If you would like to become an FPH Fellow, please click on the ‘join’ button below. We will assess your application and will get in contact with you if we require any further information.
Please see our Membership Terms and Conditions.
In December each year you will be sent your renewal letter, along with your invoice which is due for payment on receipt.
If you have any questions, please call Membership on 020 3696 1460 or email email@example.com