See also the related page on this website, Why public mental health matters
- Knifton, L and Quinn, N (eds). Public mental health: global perspectives. Maidenhead: Open University Press; 2013. A useful starting point.
- No Health without Mental Health: A Cross-Governmental Mental Health Outcomes Strategy for People of All Ages. Sets out how the government aims to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the population, keep people well and provide high-quality services that are equally accessible to all.
- Royal College of Psychiatrists (2010). No health without public mental health: the case for action. Position Statement PS4/2010.
- The Foresight Project on Mental Capital and Wellbeing looked at evidence to develop a vision for the opportunities and challenges facing the UK and implications for mental capital and mental wellbeing. Foresight Mental Capital and Wellbeing Project (2008). Final project report – executive summary. The Government Office for Science, London.
- New Horizons – Confident Communities, Brighter Futures: a framework for developing wellbeing. Summarises the growing evidence base to inform and support JSNAs and other plans and strategies.
- WHO (2004). Promoting mental health: concepts, emerging evidence, practice.
- The State of Happiness.