New Registrars and enrolment
In addition to any local and regional induction processes that new speciality registrars might undergo, each year the Faculty holds a national event to welcome StRs to their new specialty and their new professional home. The latest induction event was held on 27 September 2021 and was the largest ever hosted by the Faculty, with nearly 100 registrars joining. The Faculty President, Professor Maggie Rae, welcomed the new intake to public health.
The slide pack from the induction event can be downloaded here and the videos for the individual presentations can be viewed below.
FPH President Professor Maggie Rae and David Chappel open the StR Induction webinar
Specialty Registrars' Committee - Fatai Ogunlayi
Faculty of Public Health e-Portfolio - Gareth Cooke
Faculty of Public Health Special Interest Groups - Julian Ryder
Faculty of Public Health Examinations - Fatai Ogunlayi and Dalia Youssef
All registrars in public health training are required to enrol with the Faculty (FPH) and pay an annual Training & Membership fee. The first year's payment must be made within three months of commencing training. The fee covers your enrolment, membership and ongoing fees associated with training. It does not include examination fees. For 2021 the Registrar Training and Membership fee is set at £298. Fees are subject to annual review in line with inflation.
The enrolment process enables FPH to oversee and monitor your progress throughout training, and maintain national standards of training by ensuring the excellence of the training provided in programmes.
You must enrol in order to:
- gain access to the training ePortfolio.
- sit the diplomate (DFPH) and membership (MFPH) examination as a registrar on the public health training scheme.
- qualify for a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in public health or register as a Generalist Specialist with the UKPHR.
To enrol please send us:
- Your completed enrolment form countersigned by the Training Programme Director
- Proof of foundation competencies (for medical StRs seeking GMC registration)
- A CV
- A completed Membership admission pack and Direct Debit Mandate Form which you will have received with your invoice (alternatively you can make your year one payment of £298 online in full)
The completed forms should be sent by email to the Specialty Training Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.