Nationally Available Training Placements
Following a review of the Nationally Available Training Placements (NATP) - previously known as "national treasures", the Faculty has introduced a new application process. Please see the details below
'Nationally Available Training Placements' (NATP) offer Public Health Specialty Registrars (StRs) opportunities to acquire specific additional or contextual experience at a national level and develop specialist leadership knowledge and skills.
These placements will be listed on the Faculty website to signpost Registrars to these organisations. The local deanery processes for approval of a Registrar request for undertaking these placements apply.
The Faculty of Public Health will add placements to the list which will meet the following criteria:
- The Placement must offer unique training opportunities which are not available locally
- It is a GMC approved placement
- The host organisation approves
- Application is supported by the local heads of school / training programme director
- The placement is Advertised to all registrars nationally with a fair selection process